26 Feb 2014 12:25

I have just updated to ver 8.493 but I am unable to allow only one selection using the List autocomplete Field. No matter what I change the property setting to, it still allows multiple choices.

How can we fix this?

Thanks.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

26 Feb 2014 14:34

I would like to mention that the List complete field type actually displays an error message after ** an attempt to select more options than allowed. However, the field should **not prompt the user to add more options (as highlighted in red above) because it will confuse the user. Once the user reaches the maximum number of elements, the "+" should disappear to indicate there are no more choices available.

P.S. "Unique" is misspelled in the Properties area.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
27 Feb 2014 00:09

You are right. ANd Maik have already raised that question.

Unfortunately we cannot hide this prompt. We are using textboxlist plugin. And this is how it works.

Sergey
27 Feb 2014 09:17

It's about time for your new bootstrap tags/auto-complete project. How is it going...?

It is fine.

It's about time for your new bootstrap tags/auto-complete project. How is it going...?

It makes this field type pretty much unusable in a production environment.

Autocomplete in not the only option to select child. There is also popup with is way more advanced.

Sergey
01 Mar 2014 23:01

could not find "pop up" in the list of choices?

I was talking about child/parent fields. that was before I realized you are using select and listautocomplete.