Гость
27 Янв 2016 15:45

I am having a problem where the article I have selected for our "terms" is overflowing and causing some users to be confused. It doesn't happen at initial registration, only upon renewal. I have attached an image for your reference.

Screen Shot

Последние изменения: 28 Янв 2016

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
28 Янв 2016 02:22

Hello "guest",
unfortunately I have to confirm this issue. I have done a quick test on the official demo page. As far as I can tell the selected Joomla article should be displayed completely, but the body/content should be limited to a "grey well" with 200 pixels in height. I assume, the grey box should display scrollbars automatically...

Issue / Error

em_tos_css_bug

Error in browser console
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (jquery.jscrollpane.min.js, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (jquery.jscrollpane.min.css, line 0)

Apparently the scrolling effect should be achieved by a special script and stylesheet loaded from a "CDN".
I have checked the URLs. They are either not correct, or are simply outdated.
The links are missing an important subfolder information! See correct links here.
There is even a newer version, which could be used instead. See newer links here.

@Sergey / Support

• Update newer and correct CDN links for the external script and css.
  • Or add scrolling by an additional CSS rule overflow-y.
    (does it really have issues on IE <12 browsers? What about an iFrame then?)
#box-terms {
    max-height: 200px;
    margin-right: 20px;

overflow-y: auto;
}

Result with CSS only

em_tos_article_temp_css_fix

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
28 Янв 2016 13:38

The link was correct. I used version 2.0.22. But I have changed it to what you suggested with CSS only.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
28 Янв 2016 18:20

Sergey The link was correct. I used version 2.0.22.

Confirmed. Latest Emerald version has no issue. I had to update my own test installation with latest Emerald 9.389. Works now.
Only the Emerald Demo site is outdated. Probably palmettopaddlers.org needs an update, too. ;)

Sergey But I have changed it to what you suggested with CSS only.

Nice, so no extra JS/CSS in next release?
I like the simplicity and possibility for custom styling :)

BTW, Joomla core profile registration has the following lightbox style. Maybe useful, too:

joomla_core_registration_profile_tos_link

@PalmettoPaddlers

Do you have access to the latest Emerald version?
If not, you could apply the temporary CSS-fix to your site/Protostar template. I think the latest Protostar template supports an extra custom CSS file... As far as I remember, it has to be named: user.css

Edit:
Ooops, I am looking into the future :)
This is an upcoming feature of Joomla 3.5 and Protostar! :(
If you know how to edit your templates index.php file, you might add the following lines by yourself ;)
The lines are taken from the current Github project. You would have to add the lines right after the usual loading of template.css (around line 41-43)

// Check for a custom CSS file
$userCss = JPATH_SITE . '/templates/' . $this->template . '/css/user.css';
if (file_exists($userCss) && filesize($userCss) > 0)
{
    $doc->addStyleSheetVersion('templates/' . $this->template . '/css/user.css');
}
Работает на Cobalt