Гость
20 Май 2014 16:35

I need to use Josetta so I can let registered users perform front-end translation work, and I prefer to stick with native Joomla language system as much as possible. Will allowing users to create content with Cobalt CCK make it impossible for translators using Josetta to help translate the content?

This is for a role play game site where there will be loads of user-generated content and it will be allowed for interested users to voluntarily translate content but we will not be paying translators to do anything with user-gen content (only our own content we produce). Josetta seems to be the best system for getting our users involved in front-end translating.

I was hoping to use Cobalt to create the user content creation pages for adding to characters, items, stories, and other game content, but we will definitely need to support several languages (total number very dependent on player interest).

Thanks for any info on this :)

Последние изменения: 22 Май 2014

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
21 Май 2014 00:41

Thanks for reminding me on my own Cobalt7 topic ;-)

(BTW, Cobalt translation and submission is completely done in frontend)

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
21 Май 2014 07:07

I have never tested Josetta. So I cannot say for sure.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
21 Май 2014 12:55

As far as i know, it is necessary to have the J! core language field on every item. In other words, the respective DB column and proper field definition. I guess, it is relatively easy to display Cobalt items (most likely records) in the Josetta manager. So, an overview for Cobalt items seems possible... all this works via XML files.

But after that, it becomes more complicated, IMHO. It seems to be required to build and display the translation form with standard J! form fields?! Not sure if this makes any sense for Cobalt. I guess, a re-direct or loading of the proper Cobalt submission form is needed here.

What do you think? (Josetta is available in a free version, Developer infos and links are in my C7 topic)

Thanks for listening.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
22 Май 2014 05:43

pepperstreet Thanks for listening.

Thanks for talking.

Работает на Cobalt