Гость
05 Фев 2014 16:02

I am trying hard to follow what's going in this related thread, but I have a couple of questions:

Can you export and then import (also known as "migrating") **Types ** from one Cobalt 8 installation to another seamlessly? (Yes or No) If so, is there a definitive set of instructional steps or a video?

What is JS Migrator or whatever? Is this an unrelated extension that extracts data from any database into CSV format? If so, is there a reason why we are using JSmigrator instead of something internal to Cobalt?

Any help answering the above will be helpful. Thanks!

Details:

I am trying to migrate my Types, Sections, etc. from a Joomla! 3.1 installation to another server running Joomla! 3.2. Both are running Cobalt 8 but the new server includes the Cobalt package - Everything - v. 8.473 so that I can continue building on our system without any barriers.

Последние изменения: 02 Март 2014

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
05 Фев 2014 23:06

JS Migrator or whatever? Is this an unrelated extension that extracts data from any database into CSV format?

• JSmigrator is a Joomla 1.5 extension. It is not running in newer Joomla versions.
  • It is an import/export tool for MightyExtensions Resources. (product page)

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
05 Фев 2014 23:11

What is on your new server and J3.2 ? Also Cobalt records and types that should be kept? Or is it a clean Cobalt with other Joomla extensions?

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
05 Фев 2014 23:22

There is pack section in backend. You can pack your section including type and even custom templates and install it on another Joomla.

You will be even update. I mean you can change some settings on you master Joomla, build new pack and install it again to slave Joomlas. It will update all settings, templates, ... and will not delete records you already have.

Just do not include default templates into your pack. It includes template configurations anyway even if you do not include template itself.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
06 Фев 2014 01:55
Работает на Cobalt