Гость
03 Окт 2013 04:25

Dear MintJoomla Team,

I am trying to setup some kind of Shop or Catalog.

Where users can create their little shops or just inform about their products and specifications, and the customers can add specific items to favorites, comment items etc..

I need to organize categories for instance:

Catalog:

Audio and Video:

-> Amplifiers

->Loudspeakers

->DVD Players ...etc

Computers:

->PC

->Laptop

->Tablets ...etc

If i create a section Catalog and rest of it goes to Categories/Subcategories I can't apply Types/Fields to Amplifiers, Loudspeakers...

That means Fields are useless because I can't create it for specific types of items. I did not find the options to add fields to categories.

If I create Audio and Video, Computers as sections and apply custom fields to them, make custom module filter search.

Than I create a lot of confusion for users.

For instance if they ad some article to favorites and change section article will disappear because favorites and other stuff are connected to sections.

Also if I want to see all products from shop/user filter will display only articles from current section not all articles for shop/user.

How to make this work?

Последние изменения: 02 Март 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
03 Окт 2013 07:33

There are 2 completely different approaches in CCKs.

1. Is like CObalt when you create object and set fields to object and you can put this object to any category

2. And other is when you attach fields to categories.

It is impossible to mix. Cobalt has 1st approach. It it content type based.

It is not that I am saying your task is impossible. it simply require little but different thinking for those who used to use category style CCKs.

To solve your task you will have to create different types for all product types and connect all of them in the section parameters. But to avoid mess

1. In the type category limit parameters set in what category this type is allowed only.

2. In category parameters select what type is allowed to submit to this category. it is not уa restriction though it is only parameter to limit list of the types. For example user navigated to A&V category. And he will not see all list of types in section but only add A&V here. In other category user see another type(s).

So it acts like on forums. You do not see add here button until you get to category where you can submit article too and you see only those types that allowed to this particular category.

Which this approach you can even disallow to select category and there will be no category selector on the form and articles will be submitted to current category only. Or you can allow users to chose only those categories that is allowed in type category limit parameters.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
04 Окт 2013 19:51

That means Fields are useless because I can't create it for specific types of items. I did not find the options to add fields to categories.

If you already have created some fields in Cobalt, you should have noticed the basic structure of Cobalt... it sounds like you came from "K2", where you have to assign a field-group to 1 specific category. That is not the logic in Cobalt!

Minimal structure is:

Section (with optional categories) -> Type -> Fields

• Your Fields are assigned to a Type, which represents your article and submission form
  • Types are submitted to a section (optional into its sub-categories)

Heads-Up: Not mandatory, but Cobalt allows multiple types per section!

I strongly suggest to read the CCK related topics in knowledgebase or on the new docs domain. There is also a quickstart video and a useful forum article, which explains Cobalt's structure.

Работает на Cobalt