Гость
17 Май 2013 04:58

Today a client of mine asked me a quote to develop an auction website (similar to ebay he said).

I went to joomla extensions directory and found a couple of auction components

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/e-commerce/auction

but to say the truth after reading the testimonials I would not dare to buy and try to make them working...

so i was wondering... it would be possible to develop an auction site with Cobalt?

I have not really thoguht about the possible solutions, I am just shooting the question here...

perhaps a new kind of field could help with auctions?

or is it even already possi****le with the current fields?

Последние изменения: 02 Март 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
17 Май 2013 06:34

It is absolutely possible. But only with PayPal. Single payment option. And Adaptive Payments I represented yesterday. No product cart. But buy now for single product.

All we need to do is to develop single SSI field auction. This is like buy now but with bidding. This is not simple field. It have to have it's own tables but Cobalt has flexible enough field integrface to create something like this.

I have already though about auction. And as far as I can imagine as ebay copy, it is quite possible to implement.

Гость
17 Май 2013 06:38

good to hear!

Гость
19 Май 2013 19:07

Do you have any timetable of future plans?

Sergey
20 Май 2013 00:07

No we do not have even any plan. I am only saying that this is possible. I am not saying that we will do it or have any plans to do it. I just mentioned that it was in my head when I developed SSI so I created it the way it could be easily incorporated.

But is someone needs it very badly we can create it as custom development.

golfads VIP
Total posts: 216
20 Дек 2013 14:40

I can see that the last answer dated about 6 months, has there been any progress on the auction implementation? If not, how much could it cost to have a custom development for the single SSI field auction?

golfads VIP
21 Дек 2013 17:38

Hi Sergey, could you please update me about the custom development for the single SSI field auction telling me how much time should take and what should be the charge for the custom development please? If it is according to my budget, I shall sponsor the development of this field as it would helped us very much for our website where we are currently missing an auction feature.

Гость
22 Дек 2013 03:00

@Tomy I think Mintjoomla is not doing custom development at the moment, they may be too busy in working on their existing products, but wait anyway the official answer form Sergey

golfads VIP
22 Дек 2013 03:58

If they are not doing, that's fine, I will just remove the auction part of our website for now so that we can launch it and will look after the auction feature later on, I understand there is still lots to be done with existing products and even I saw that the mintjoomla.com website seems to be having some server side issues since yesterday and guess they definitely have things much more important to do. So better forget about the auction side for now and finish first what we have to do.

Гость
22 Дек 2013 04:19

anyway I can't talk for them, I am just a customer like you, but recently I asked for a custom field and Sergey apologized and said they were too busy

Sergey
23 Дек 2013 00:08

Tomy, as Nicolas has already mentioned we are very busy with our current products and do not have time for custom development. Please accept my apologize.

golfads VIP
23 Дек 2013 00:22

It's ok sergey, no worry, I understand, we'll move ahead without the auction feature for now, we'll look at this next year after we have launched the website. Thanks.

Работает на Cobalt