pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
28 Янв 2013 21:10

Hello, just found this edit-in-place jQuery project. Comes in two flavours: inline and popup style. Support for Bootstrap, jQueryUI and pure jQuery.

Example (popup style):

X-editable homepage

Demo page

Possible to use it on Cobalt fields? Thinking of Profile and Directory entries ;-)

Последние изменения: 13 Фев 2015

Метки Fields Cobalt 9

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
29 Янв 2013 23:45

In fact you know that we already had several attempts to implement this feature which we call JIP (Just In Place). We could not do it in Resources due to architecture. We could not add it to Cobalt 7 because of limitation of Mootools. We did not added it to Cobalt 8 because we had no time and wanted it to be released already.

But it was always in the list because I always wanted it to be there since it opens a lot of possibilities even in trims of article editing access rights.

I am sure no that Cobalt 8 and Joomla 3.0 have everything for JIP to be implemented. I almost sure we will have it in Cobalt 9.

pepperstreet VIP
01 Июнь 2013 10:58

BTW, frontend edit in general...

Since you like to promote Cobalt frontend editing and management, what about frontend editing for Category description? Maybe for admins and moderators.

This would allow more use and control over the head of a section/category. Currently, if you want an editable and pretty intro... you have to create a 3rdparty module, which allows to add and edit a J! core article.

Which leads me too a second idea:

An option in section/category parameters, that allows to select a certain J! or Cobalt article as description. Or better do this on template level?

pepperstreet VIP
17 Сен 2013 12:32

Since you like to promote Cobalt frontend editing and management, what about frontend editing for Category description? Maybe for admins and moderators. This would allow more use and control over the head of a section/category. ...

Wrote a separate topic here.

EDIT: Related link leads to correct new Cobalt powered Forum topic.

Гость
23 Сен 2013 19:57

This would be a complete game changer if it could be implemented into Cobalt (which is already a game changer--in a good way :)

pepperstreet VIP
26 Сен 2014 00:54

Accepted for C9 ? ;)

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
13 Фев 2015 05:07

Yes, this is my plan. But as you remeber I am mentioning JIP from JoomSuite Content 1.2. Accepted but not promissed.

Работает на Cobalt