darkhoros VIP
Total posts: 152
21 Апр 2017 23:22

Hi, I am using the email field to display an inline form, when I use the fixed template for the front end view, any thing after the email fields dose not show, so if I put it as 1st filed all the other fields never show and if it is the last field , the page footer never show.

Seems like somthing is wrong with the template.

Please advice. Thank you.

Последние изменения: 04 Май 2017

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
22 Апр 2017 16:45

Bug/Issue confirmed

Unfortunately I have to confirm this issue. I did some quick tests with Cobalt 8 and even Cobalt 9 alpha. Same problem with "fixed" inline display.

darkhoros VIP
24 Апр 2017 23:44

Hi, Any idea on how to fix this issue? Thank you.

darkhoros VIP
26 Апр 2017 19:34

Hi, Any 1 knows how to solve this issues with fixed inline display for email field, it is holding my project back alot. Thank you. Regards.

pepperstreet VIP
27 Апр 2017 01:28

Hello darkhoros, I really tried to find the culprit... no success (yet).
We have to wait for Sergey's comment opinion.

In the meantime, I would use the "modal" or "collapse" variant. As far as I can see, both seem to work.

Alternative idea: Did you think about using "Comments"? Core Comments have fixed features and fields, but "Cobalt Type as Comments" could become interesting. It allows to extend the comments form part with all Cobalt fields. Maybe worth a look and try.

pepperstreet VIP
27 Апр 2017 01:55

Thank You

@Jeff My hero!!! I knew I have seen this issue before, but I couldn't recall my own topic – oh boy, I am getting old ;) 1001 thanks to down-under! Apparently the issue has been overlooked or has been re-invented.

BTW, there was another small syntax error, which I noticed in my "brackets editor" highlight. An extra slash / had to be removed. This line should render the iframe and rest of the page correctly.

Caution: See src=". The Forum editor adds extra / again. Do not copy it! Or remove it! Use Download file instead.

<iframe frameborder="0" src="/  
<?php echo $url_form;?>" width="100%" height="<?php echo $params->get('params.height', 600);?>" >  
</iframe>

file location, see line 70:
.../components/com_cobalt/fields/email/tmpl/output/default.php

Attachment

default_php-iframe_fixed

Jeff VIP
Total posts: 745
28 Апр 2017 01:14

@Jeff My hero!!! I knew I have seen this issue before, but I couldn't recall my own topic – oh boy, I am getting old ;) 1001 thanks to down-under!

Good onya, mate & no worries!

BTW. Thanks for the correction.

darkhoros VIP
29 Апр 2017 10:18

Thank you. It is working now. Regards.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
04 Май 2017 14:55

Will be fixed in next update.

Работает на Cobalt