JohnJuhl VIP
Total posts: 46
29 Янв 2015 09:26

Hi Guys,

my form is quite long, and sometimes users may spend half an hour to fill out all fields ind the record. But a user reported that the form was not saved, and therefore his work was wasted. Is there a way to "autosave" forms ? image009

Последние изменения: 09 Фев 2015

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
29 Янв 2015 10:18

What it means not saved? Sometimes theer are errors but finaly all data have to be populated. If they run out of session time and get error that token expired, just extend session time in Global Joomla configuration.

JohnJuhl VIP
30 Янв 2015 11:04

Hi Sergey, I'm a Mac user, and have no problem with the forms on neither Safari, Cromer nor Firefox - but whenever users are working on the form in IE they experince the same proplem - do you know of any settings in IE reqiured for the forms to work?

OIne user tells me this: "when I attempt to SAVE I get the message "not responding due to a long running script" (see the previous picture) and then the application will stand still for more than 30 seconds and THEN it is saved"

Kr. John

JohnJuhl VIP
30 Янв 2015 13:01

We have tested it a bit futher - and with the same result testing different machines (PC's). When IE users attempt to open the forms, nothing happens for 30-40 seconds (they only get a blank page) and then the form opens. We stress tested all other functions on the web site using IE with no problems - only when using Cobalt 8 forms do we see this problem.

But since most people/companies uses IE we need to get this to work.

Hope you can help us out - and of course I've posted the same problem on the template suppliers (joomlaplates.com) forum :-)

John.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
04 Фев 2015 03:23

What is IE version?

JohnJuhl VIP
05 Фев 2015 12:09

IE 10 and 11

Konstantin
Total posts: 1,113
09 Фев 2015 11:14