Mel VIP
Total posts: 126
09 Май 2014 04:20

Maybe I’m completely missing it but I am having problems with the ‘autocomplete’ search results.

I have a text entry field where users enter their preferred travel destinations, for example London or Paris or New York.

This field can be searched by other users who live in these locations to see which users would like to visit their location.

I have the search filter set to ‘autocomplete’ and if the New York user searches for his location and types in ‘New York’ he gets a list of options. See the image below.

ScreenShot079

But now to visit each record he has to search each time and then choose one. Then go back to the search page and search again to be able to choose another.

What is needed is for all 3 records to show in a list and then he can go back and forward to the list. So just like normal search results, one click should make a list of results.

I thought there would be a text entry search window but there is no option for this. Only autocomplete, checkboxes, select and toggle_links.

Am I missing something?

Последние изменения: 13 Май 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
09 Май 2014 13:15

I can add few of them

autocomplete

Mel VIP
10 Май 2014 03:38

Hi Sergey, I don’t think you understand my question. It is the search/filter ‘module’ that I am concerned about but it would be the same for Advanced search.

The user needs to search a text field where other users have entered different city names. So when the user is searching the field for a city like New York, he gets a list of all records with New York in the field. Just like when searching this forum for a keyword.

The way it is now he can only visit one record from the list. Then he has to go back to the search module and type in “New York” again and then visit the 2nd record on the list. To see the 3rd record in the list he has to search again. He needs to keep repeating this to be able to see each record. It is not practical if there are many records in the list.

There needs to be a text entry window for the search module where the user types in the city name and then he is taken to a list of all records which have the city name in the field that is being searched. He can then move from one record to the next after using his browser back button.

Sergey
11 Май 2014 06:43

Make this field searchable and user will be able to search New York in generald search field.

Mel VIP
12 Май 2014 07:54

By ‘general search’ do you mean at the top of the list in the menu bar? If you do then it will search all fields that are searchable – I have other fields that are searchable as well and I don’t want them in the same search.

So I need a general search in a module for that field only.

Sergey
12 Май 2014 14:03

Added to the next version. New filter template called text.

Mel VIP
13 Май 2014 11:28

Thanks Sergey

Работает на Cobalt